Jaisalmer is a beautiful city located in the state of Rajasthan in India. The city is well known for its golden sandstone architecture and stunning desert landscape. Jaisalmer is also home to some of the best tourist attractions in the country. Here we have given the Best Things to do in Jaisalmer.
Best Things to do in Jaisalmer
Here are some of the best things to do in Jaisalmer:
1. Camel Safari: A camel safari is a must-do activity when in Jaisalmer. You can explore the desert landscape on the back of a camel and get a taste of the traditional nomadic lifestyle.
2. Camping in the Desert: Camping in the desert is a truly unique experience. You can find the Best Desert Camp in Jaisalmer and Enjoy your Night under the stars and enjoy the peace and quiet of the desert.
3. Boating in the Lake: It is the home to a beautiful lake called Gadsisar Lake. You can enjoy a boat ride on the lake and take in the stunning views of the city.
4. Visit the Jaisalmer Fort: The Jaisalmer Fort is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. The fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is worth a visit for its architectural beauty.
5. Explore the Desert National Park: The Desert National Park is a must-visit for nature lovers. The park is home to a variety of wildlife including desert foxes, chinkaras, and predators.
6. Visit the Jain Temples: It is the home to a number of beautiful Jain temples. These temples are known for their intricate architecture and are worth a visit.
7. Take a Desert Safari: A desert safari is a great way to explore the desert landscape. You can go on a jeep safari or a camel safari and enjoy the views of the sand dunes.
8. Shop at the Local Markets: It is the home to a number of traditional markets where you can find a variety of handicrafts and souvenirs.
9. Try the Local Cuisine: It is known for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine. You can find a variety of delicious dishes in the city.
10. Visit the Jaisalmer War Museum: The Jaisalmer War Museum is a must-visit for history buffs. The museum is home to a number of artifacts from the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.